New Jersey recently saw the debut of a new, online magazine covering the arts throughout the state.
New Jersey Stage contains features on and interviews with artists from the Garden State as well as with national artists performing in the area.
“Two things make the magazine unique,” said Gary Wien, who publishes the magazine through Wine Time Media, in a press release announcing the launch. “One is the way articles come alive with the help of audio and video clips. The other is the way the magazine can be read on any computer, tablet, or even a smart phone. In fact, it’s actually designed to look great for mobile users.”
The debut issue, available now for free at http://www.newjerseystage.com/magazine, includes interviews with:
- New Jersey musician Jack Skuller who recently was awarded the Holly Prize by the Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Comedian Dom Irrera, who is performing at the Tropicana in Atlantic City
- Filmmaker Daniel Goodman, who is currently shooting the film “I’m From New Jersey”
- Playwright Robert Caisley whose latest work, “Lucky Me,” is being presented at NJ Rep
- Comedian Colin Quinn who is performing at the Newton Theatre
- Music industry professional Andrew Curry, who is producing “Here Comes The Reign Again,” a new compilation of classic ‘80s British artists covered by musicians of today
In addition, the issue contains artwork by Rob Tanico, poetry by J. Sales, reviews of the films “Boyhood” and “Grand Central,” an exclusive music video by Bruce Tunkel, a music industry column by Rosemary Conte, and an original comic strip by Gene Pompilio.
“I believe digital magazines are the best way to promote arts-related events,” said Wien, who previously published the popular Upstage Magazine. “Film reviews with actual movie trailers, record reviews with MP3s or music videos, and theatrical productions with scenes from rehearsals or opening night—all enhance the reader’s experience.“
In addition to the monthly publication, the main New Jersey Stage Web site includes news and features on a daily basis at http://www.NewJerseyStage.com.