Here’s a rundown of what we discussed:
- John’s presentation on food blogging and his participation in a three-session “Codecademy” program at Princeton (NJ) Public Library.
- With the recent talk of Christian Beach’s cover of Yoko Ono’s “Silver Horse,” Brian discovered yesterday that Ono currently holds the No. 1 spot on Billboard’s Dance/Club Play chart with “Walking on Thin Ice 2013,” an update of her 1981 hit.
- The odd presence of giant touchscreens on Fox News’ revamped “breaking news” deck…and John’s vision of such devices from last year.
- The tasteless, ill-advised tweet sent by Joyce Evans of Fox 29 News in Philadelphia that foolishly invoked the “Breaking Bad” finale to tease a story on an upcoming newscast about six people getting shot—one of whom was killed. The story ignited a firestorm on Twitter and even reached Gawker. It also spawned the ridiculously funny #JoyceEvansTweets hashtag on Twitter, mocking her original tweet.
- Nielsen’s efforts to measure tweets about television shows.
- The STEM to STEAM movement championed by the Rhode Island School of Design and thoughts on the concept from RISD President John Maede, which he shared in a guest blog post for Scientific American.