Here is a rundown of things discussed in this installment of Technology and the Arts…
John talked about:
- The class he is teaching at Rider University
- His continuing classes at Princeton Public Library
- Courses he is teaching at Princeton Adult School
- And a Chromebook session he taught at Rossmoor, an active adult community in central New Jersey…without the benefit of Internet access
Brian talked about:
- “Warm Blanket,” the new CD from one of Brian’s favorite indie artists, Dent May…check out his Soundcloud page.
Together, they discussed:
- PGP (Pretty Good Privacy) – in this day and age of NSA spying on you, PGP will at least make them work a bit to get to your data
- More on the beauty and simplicity of Chromebook
- Andreu Carulla’s “Oxymoron Maker II,” a hot ice cream maker produced exclusively for Rocambolesc, the ice cream store offshoot of Spain’s famed El Celler de Can Roca restaurant
- The 99% Invisible podcast — hosted by Roman Mars, this entertaining and informative podcast looks at all forms of design…graphic design, architecture, networks and systems and format structures.
- And more…