Technology and the Arts – Episode 53 (10.26.2012) features lightly edited audio from a live Google+ Hangouts On Air session conducted by hosts Brian Kelley and John LeMasney on Sept. 17, 2012. Highlights include Brian’s discussion about the reunited Ben Folds Five and their video for “Do It Anyway” with the Fraggles from “Fraggle Rock”, and John’s talk about Molly Ringwald’s recent visit to Princeton Public Library in central New Jersey and a local ArtsTechNJ initiative affiliated with Artworks Trenton. Also, John provides a mini tutorial on Inkscape. File size: 13.4 MB. Time: 54 min., 40 sec. Hosts: Brian Kelley and John LeMasney.
Topics of Discussion:
- Brian shared his joy of seeing the reunited Ben Folds Five perform in New York City’s Central Park on Sept. 14, 2012, as well as their Nerdist-produced video for “Do It Anyway” featuring the Fraggles from Jim Henson’s Fraggle Rock.
- Brian also briefly talked about being a big fan of Australian singer-songwriter Kate Miller-Heidke, who opened for Ben Folds Five in NYC.
- John discussed seeing actress/author/director Molly Ringwald at Princeton (N.J.) Public Library on Sept. 14.
- John shared information about an Artworks Trenton-affiliated ArtsTechNJ initiative.
- Brian shared a Gizmodo post about NASA taking the first steps in developing a warp-drive engine.
- John provided a mini tutorial on Inkscape.
Here is the complete, archived webcast…