The Technology and the Arts podcast, which originally ran from December 2006-December 2008, was revived as a series of weekly live webcasts by hosts Brian Kelley and John LeMasney in August 2012. Edited versions of the audio portions of these webcasts will be made available in more convenient podcast form. This episode (No. 51) features a conversation between Brian and John that originally took place Aug. 27, 2012. Hosts: Brian Kelley and John LeMasney. File size: 10.6 MB. Time: 44 min., 10 sec.
Topics of Discussion:
- John’s upcoming WordPress classes and Android vs. iOS Smartphone Smackdown with Khürt Williams at Princeton (N.J.) Public Library.
- Brian talked about his NYC experiences during April and May that included watching Doctor Who filming in Central Park, the Space Shuttle Enterprise flyover and an Apple Store Q&A featuring Doctor Who/Sherlock showrunner Steven Moffat and his wife (and Sherlock co-producer) Sue Vertue (here’s a link to Apple’s Meet the Filmmaker podcast of that event).
- John sang the praises of his Google Nexus 7.
- Brian talked about his recent purchase of an Alesis Q-25 portable MIDI controller and his renewed interest in electronic, instrumental music…
- …and that led to a discussion between Brian and John on the subject of dubstep that wound up taking up the rest of episode.
Here is the complete, archived webcast…