In this installment of the Technology and the Arts podcast, we share some interesting news, web sites and online resources we have come across recently, including image bookmarking site FFFFOUND! and the upcoming, official launch of the Ewing Township, NJ, web site. Plus, we discuss Truphone, a voice-over-IP app for the iPod Touch; as well as the Princeton University Art Museum…and more! Hosts: Brian Kelley and John LeMasney. File size: 12.0 MB. Time: 24 min., 30 sec.
- FriendFeed.com/lemasney – John LeMasney’s FriendFeed profile.
- lemasney.com – John LeMasney’s Web site.
- FriendFeed.com/bktandem – Brian Kelley’s FriendFeed profile.
- Tandem With the Random – Brian Kelley’s blog
Here are some things John talked about:
- Isaac Newton’s – John celebrated his ninth wedding anniversary recently with dinner and drinks at this fine eating establishment in Newtown, Pa.
- FFFFOUND! – John has been bookmarking images like crazy since he found…er…FFFFOUND!
- EwingNJ.org – John serves as chair of the Ewing Township, N.J., web site committee and he informed us that the site officially goes live on January 1, 2009. Watch John’s video of the public unveiling. Or…read this Trentonian news story (that refers to John as Jack).
- Other projects: Rider OIT Help Desk on Facebook…and writing an introduction for a book by Rider colleague Robert Lackie.
Here are some things Brian talked about:
- Christian Beach – Brian talks about his friend Christian’s Nov. 29 show at Googie’s Lounge in New York City and future CD releases.
- Warren Wolf retires – After coaching all 51 seasons of football that have ever been played at Brick Township (N.J.) High School, the 81-year-old Warren Wolf retired as the state’s winningest football coach with a record of 361-122-11 to go along with 25 division crowns and six state sectional titles. Not really related to technology and arts, but Wolf is worthy of the acknowledgment. Read this Asbury Park Press story and be sure to watch the video on that page.
- Truphone – A free, voice-over-IP application for the iPod Touch that sort of turns it into an iPhone.
- Princeton University Art Museum – A recent visit allowed Brian to see two special exhibits, Jasper Johns: Light Bulb and Frank Gehry: Online. Brian also had the chance to visit the newly opened Lewis Science Library, which was designed by Gehry (see photo above).