Sorry, this is a few hours late…had some last-minute editing issues. – BK
In this installment of the Technology and the Arts podcast, we share some interesting news, web sites and online resources we have come across recently, including FriendFeed.com, RememberTheMilk.com, and FreeLDAP.org. Plus, we discuss the recent Art All Night event in Trenton, NJ, Radiohead’s innovative “House of Cards” music video, and “The Googling,” a series of Google-based comedy sketch videos by The Vacationeers comedy group, and more. Also, the podcast welcomes back John LeMasney to the program. Hosts: Brian Kelley and John LeMasney. File size: 18 MB. Time: 38 min., 4 sec.
- FriendFeed.com/lemasney – John LeMasney’s tumble log.
- lemasney.com – John LeMasney’s Web site.
- FriendFeed.com/bktandem – Brian Kelley’s tumble log.
- Here are some things John talked about:
- The birth of his second son, David, on May 16
- John’s recent Lyme Disease diagnosis
- ArtAllNight, an annual 24-hour arts & music event held in Trenton, NJ, that was held June 21-22, organized by Artworks Trenton. John’s photos. Brian’s photos.
- John’s other projects: BeerCritic and NJ Dining Review.
- Radiohead’s “House of Cards” video, which uses 3-D plotting technology rather than lights and cameras. There is also a Google Code version that allows you to shape the video’s data yourself.
- John is excited about the iPhone 3G
- Starbucks store closings.
- Here are some things Brian mentioned:
- He appeared on a live webcast called “Sunday Jams” on July 13, playing accordion and organ for his friend, singer-songwriter Christian Beach. Check out the video here or at the bottom of this post.
- Brian went to this year’s XPoNential (XPN) Music Festival in Camden, NJ, July 10-13, and saw a number of great acts, including Joan Osborne, Nicole Atkins, Chuck Prophet, Blind Boys of Alabama, and a whole lot more. Check out Brian’s photos from the event.
- Improv Everywhere strikes again with a “Human Mirror” in a NYC subway car.
- The Vacationeers present “The Googling,” a series of funny Google-based shorts.
- Daryl Hall of Hall & Oates fame presents the live music webcast, “Live from Daryl’s House.”
- There are works of art by Andy Warhol, Robert Rauschenberg and others on the moon right now, thanks to artist Forrest “Frosty” Myers and a clever NASA engineer’s plan to send art into space with the 1969 Apollo 12 mission.
- Check out the Technology and the Arts Events page.
Christian Beach – Live on Sunday Jams, 7/13/08
Vodpod videos no longer available.
Above is a Ustream.tv archive of a live “Sunday Jams” performance by Christian Beach on July 13, 2008. The backing band, which comes on for the fourth song, features Gorgo (mandolin, bass, backing vocals), John Pfeiffer (guitars, dobro), Michael Scotto (drums, percussion, backing vocals) and yours truly (organ, accordion, tambourine).
1. Shadows (Christian Beach solo)
2. Cemetery Friends (Christian Beach solo)
3. Don’t Want to Be a Lonely Man (Christian Beach w/ Gorgo)
4. The Finest Day (Christian w/ full band)
5. Great Ideas (Christian w/ full band)
6. Poet of the Great Plains (Christian w/ full band)
7. Song for Matthew (Christian w/ full band)
8. Open Spaces (Christian w/ full band)