In this installment of the Technology and the Arts podcast, we will discuss some interesting news, web sites and online resources we have come across recently, including Rico Clusters, an alternative to mind-mapping; Sloodle, an open-source virtual environment education system that combines Second Life and Moodle; and Zotero Server. Plus, a look at Halloween-related web sites and podcasts. Hosts: Brian Kelley, John LeMasney. File size: 10 MB. Time: 21 min., 50 sec.
- crumb.tumblr.com – John LeMasney’s tumble log.
- bktandem.tumblr.com – Brian Kelley’s tumble log.
- John talks about his recent trip to Seattle for the 2007 EDUCAUSE Conference and shares some photos, including the one of the Space Needle seen here.
- Baby Talk…John and his wife are expecting their second child, while Brian became an uncle when his sister gave birth to her first child on Oct. 25.
- Need to brainstorm? Try Rico Clusters, an alternative to mind-mapping.
- Interested in combining the virtual world of Second Life with the open-source course management system Moodle? Well, Sloodle is for you.
- John talks about recent Rider University training sessions on Firefox and Thunderbird.
- Do you love Halloween? Well, check out these links Brian discussed: Halloween Online Magazine, Scary Halloween Stories on AmercianFolklore.net, Haunted New Jersey and the Anything Ghost podcast.