Guest Tim Westergren, founder of the Pandora online music service, makes his second appearance on the Technology and the Arts podcast to provide an update on the fight to save Internet radio. Other topics of discussion include the Comprehensive Knowledge Archive Network, StereoGum.com’s tribute to Radiohead’s “OK Computer,” InviteShare.com, The Hype Machine and more. Hosts: Brian Kelley, John LeMasney. File size: 14.5 MB. Time: 31 min., 30 sec.
- Pandora.com – The online music service founded by guest Tim Westergren
- SaveNetRadio.org – The Web site formed by a coalition of webcasting industry leaders. Go here to find out how you can join the fight to save Internet radio.
- Internet Radio Equality Act (PDF) – Read the actual legislation that may save the webcasting industry.
Other links related to this episode:
- For this podcast, John and Brian talked at Panera Bread at Nassau Park Pavilion in West Windsor, N.J. Yeah, for free WiFi!
- Brian again talks about his return to the stage as a keyboardist for good friend, Christian Beach, for a July 13 show at The Saint in Asbury Park, N.J. UPDATE: See video of Brian playing organ on Christian Beach’s “Great Ideas” below!
- Find out more about the Comprehensive Knowledge Archive Network.
- Did you ever wonder how the exclamation point came into existence? Well, now you can find out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- If you are in the city, you may get lucky and stumble onto a “sidewalk stencil” Choose-Your-Own-Adventure.
- John talks about a blog that features covers of songs from Radiohead’s classic “OK Computer,” in honor of the album’s 10th anniversary.
- Want to take part in Web 2.0 beta tests, but don’t have any invites? Well, check out InviteShare.com.
- Do you have huge files you would just like to share with a few people or maybe just one person? Well, Pownce.com may be the answer…except it’s in beta right now so you might want to visit InviteShare.com first.
- A recent blog post on FranticIndustries.com discusses the five best online storage solutions.
- Do you love music blogs? Check out The Hype Machine.
- And a shout-out to my new friend Chad, whose tumble log pointed me in the direction of The Hype Machine and Pownce.com – BK
“Great Ideas” – Christian Beach (Live at The Saint, 7/13/07)
“Great Ideas” © 2007 C.J. Beach