In the fourth installment of the “Technology and the Arts” podcast, Rider University professors Donald Ambrose and Sigfredo Hernandez, and our very own John LeMasney, an instructional technologist at Rider, are interviewed about a project there involving the visual metaphor teaching strategy and the GNU Image Manipulation Program. Other topics discussed are the UbuntuStudio project, Midomi.com, University of Pennsylvania radio station WXPN, and more. Hosts: Brian Kelley, John LeMasney. File size: 16.7 MB. Time: 38 min., 55 sec.
Links related to this episode:
- Imitating “A Scanner Darkly” – Illustrator Techniques
- brusheezy.com – Collection of free Photoshop brushes
- pdf-mags.com – Free PDF magazines
- Compendium of Public-Domain Image Links – dailykos.com
- UbuntuStudio – a multimedia editing flavour of Ubuntu for the Linux audio, video, and graphic enthusiast or professional.
- Midomi.com – Search for music and find other site users via voice.
- XPN.org – Web site for University of Pennsylvania radio station WXPN.
- XPoNentialmusic.org – Web initiative of WXPN.
- Rider University
- Center for Innovative Instruction at Rider University