Technology and the Arts – Episode 55 (11.09.2012) features lightly edited audio from a live Google+ Hangouts On AIr that John LeMasney and I conducted October 1, 2012. In this installment, John discusses Ai Weiwei’s Circle of Animals/Zodiac Heads exhibit currently installed at Princeton University, as well a documentary about the artist-activist called “Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry.” Meanwhile, Brian talks about the interactive Open Air installation in Philadelphia that transformed recorded messages into searchlight formations over the Ben Franklin Parkway from Sept. 20 through Oct. 14. Plus, Brian shares some thoughts on the Doctor Who season 7 fall finale…and a whole lot more. File size: 8 MB. Time: 32 min., 58 sec. Hosts: Brian Kelley and John LeMasney.
- John talked about Ai Weiwei’s upcoming documentary, “Never Sorry”, and Zodiac Heads piece at Princeton University.
- Brian discussed Open Air, an interactive light installation that took place nightly over the Benjamin Franklin Parkway in Philadelphia from September 20 through October 14, 2012.
- Brian also shared with John this recent post about the creation of a recent, instrumental electronic music piece, “Chill as F—”.
- This led to a discussion about music sharing via Soundcloud.
- Also, Brian admitted that he cried at the end of the season 7 fall finale of Doctor Who—featuring the final journey of Amy Pond and Rory Williams—that aired on BBC America on Sept. 29…a Pond Farewell, indeed.
Hurricane Sandy Information and Relief Links
- State of New Jersey Hurricane Sandy Information Center
- New Jersey Office of Emergency Management
- Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund – Founded by New Jersey’s First Lady, Mary Pat Christie
- FEMA Disaster Assistance - Get information and file for federal disaster assistance.
- American Red Cross - Donate to relief efforts!
- Jersey Shore Hurricane News - A Facebook page that has been providing much-needed information, photos, tips and other updates during and after the storm.